This mild Mediterranean-style Quinoa Waldorf Salad with Walnut French dressing calls upon the nutty taste of walnuts—in each the salad and the French dressing. Candy spices and raisins give this salad a comforting kick, and nourishing quinoa boosts it to one-dish meal territory. With a light-weight walnut French dressing, it skips on the creamy, wealthy dressing you’d usually discover in a Waldorf salad. Plus, it’s tremendous straightforward to make. Simply cook dinner up the quinoa, and toss in chopped apples, celery, walnuts, raisins, parsley, seasonings, and the French dressing, and you’ve got a satisfying, nutritious, fiber-packed dish in about quarter-hour. I like to take this salad to events, vacation meals, and potlucks. And it’s nice packed up for lunch the subsequent day, because the components keep contemporary and crunchy. It retains within the fridge for a number of days, too. Serve it with a bowl of lentil soup and slice of rustic entire grain bread for a satisfying, balanced meal.
The recipe is vegan and gluten-free, becoming into plenty of completely different weight loss plan patterns. Plus, it’s wealthy in fiber, plant protein, antioxidant compounds, and wholesome fat, compliments of those nutritious components. In case you can’t discover walnut oil, simply substitute olive oil within the recipe. Attempt several types of apples to change up the flavour profile. I like Fuji apples on this recipe, however Honeycrisp and Braeburn are actually good too. You may even swap the apples for pears for a brand new twist on a wholesome, plant-rich recipe. This recipe was chosen as one of many high finalists in a nationwide recipe contest by the California Walnut Fee.
This can be a must-try recipe for a light-weight Mediterranean Quinoa Waldorf Salad with Walnut French dressing, which is 100% plant-based and gluten free!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 giant red-skinned crisp apples (i.e. Fuji, Braeburn), cored, diced, with peel
- ½ cup coarsely chopped contemporary Italian parsley
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (could substitute with additional virgin olive oil)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (optionally available)
- Mix cooked quinoa, celery, apples, parsley, walnuts and raisins in a giant mixing bowl.
- In a small dish, whisk collectively walnut oil (or olive oil), lemon juice, brown sugar, celery salt, white pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, and salt.
- Pour French dressing over salad components and toss collectively.
- Cowl and chill salad till serving time.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 192
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: walnuts, walnut, salad, quinoa
For different plant-based salads, take a look at a few of my favorites recipes:
Spicy Sorghum Avocado Salad
Tofu Kale Energy Bowl with Tahini Dressing
Radish Jicama Salad with Lemon Cumin French dressing
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.