This straightforward, straightforward Mediterranean salad relies on the traditional substances of potatoes, beans, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, onions, herbs, and a light-weight olive oil French dressing. It’s like a contact of sunshine, but the substances are seasonally accessible year-round. Based mostly on plant-based staples you possibly can simply retailer available, it is a nice recipe to show to any time of the week. It’s rustic simplicity makes it excellent for a weeknight dinner, but it surely’s understated class means it’s additionally splendid for events, picnics, and celebrations. It’s scrumptious served heat, or chilled—and it stays recent for a couple of days within the fridge, because the flavors proceed to meld. Use your favourite canned bean on this recipe. I featured garbanzo beans (chickpeas), but it surely’s additionally scrumptious with kidney beans, cannellini beans, and pink beans. You will get this salad performed in half-hour, too!
Potato, Bean and Olive Salad
Complete Time: half-hour
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Weight loss program: Vegan
This straightforward, straightforward Mediterranean salad, which is vegan and gluten-free, relies on the traditional substances of potatoes, beans, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, onions, herbs, and a light-weight olive oil French dressing.
- 1 ½ kilos small yellow potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 (15-ounce) can beans (i.e. garbanzo, kidney, cannellini, pink), rinsed, drained
- ½ cup olives, pitted, drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small pink onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pink wine vinegar
- ½ cup chopped recent parsley
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a medium pot half full with water and produce to a boil. Add unpeeled, complete small yellow potatoes, cowl, and boil simply till tender, however agency (about 15-20 minutes). Drain off water, and chill for a number of minutes. When cool sufficient to deal with, peel and slice into cubes.
- Whereas potatoes are cooking, put together the salad substances. Add beans, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, pink onion to a big bowl and toss collectively. Add cubed potatoes.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, and black pepper and blend to distribute substances.
- Serve barely heat or chill till serving time.
- Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup every).
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: Italian, Mediterranean
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 189
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 282 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g
Key phrases: vegan salad, vegan bean salad, wholesome salad recipe
Attempt a couple of of my different favourite plant-based salad recipes:
Black Lentil Pesto Salad with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Greek Butter Bean Salad
Arugula Salad with Radishes and Avocado and Truffle Lemon French dressing
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.