The drone business, like aerospace usually, has fewer girls. Ladies and Drones started the “Ladies to Watch” awards 5 years in the past to acknowledge and elevate these girls, making different girls conscious of the alternatives and developments within the business.
“The WTW program elevates the whole UAS/UAM/AAM business by recognizing those that are making a optimistic distinction in it,” says the Ladies and Drones press launch.
Because it’s inception, the awards have grown. The drone business has stepped as much as help this system, with main names sponsoring awards and, for the primary time, enabling a financial micro grant of $500 for every honoree. As well as, the awards now honor these groups who work to include variety and inclusivity of their missions.
Sharon Rossmark, Founding father of Ladies and Drones, creator of the awards, and tireless advocate for variety within the drone business, tells DRONELIFE:
“It has been an incredible experience to journey by way of the primary 5 years of celebrating girls within the UAS business. It’s a main instance of letting your ardour information your function.”
“An enormous due to CES, our sponsors, NASA and the FAA for his or her partnership and unimaginable help. Thanks additionally to our worldwide panel of judges who had the troublesome function of reviewing the submissions. And lastly, a thanks to the outstanding girls and firms who participated within the 2021 international search. Shifting ahead, we’ll proceed to lift the profile of ladies within the business and accomplice with corporations dedicated to an inclusive tradition the place girls can thrive.”
Ladies to Watch in UAS: 2021
(The next is from a Ladies and Drones press launch.)
- Bronwyn Morgan, Xeo Air – Recipient of the Iris Automation Entrepreneurship Award – Bronwyn Morgan is a Half 107 licensed pilot, FAA Security Consultant and FAA Drone Professional, and is the Founding father of Xeo Air, an AI primarily based drones on demand, information analytics and autonomy platform for mission administration that connects purchasers in telecom, catastrophic response, oil and gasoline, power, building, civil infrastructure.
- Madison Jeffery, Swoop Aero – Recipient of the Skydio Public Security/Service Award – Madison Jeffery of Australia relies in Southern Malawi, the place she manages Swoop Aero’s flagship medical drone logistics community, which connects over 1.5 million folks with important medical provides.
- Karen DiMeo, AERODiMEO LLC – Recipient of the Sabrewing Plane Management Award – As CEO, Karen DiMeo advises her purchasers on points associated to unmanned and superior rising applied sciences within the industrial aerospace ecosystem. Karen has 30 years of expertise within the aviation business from each authorities and business management positions.
- April Lanotte, STEM lead for NASA’s Aeronautics Analysis Mission Directorate – Recipient of the Unmanned Security Institute Schooling Award – In her present place with NASA, April Lanotte works on making aerospace science extra accessible to all lecturers and college students and works with engineers and material consultants on methods so as to add extra STEM alternatives into their missions.
The initiative additionally acknowledged excellent groups:
- Toni Drummond, CEO of International Aerial Administration Group – Recipient of the Volatus Aerospace Innovation Workforce Award – International Aerial Administration Group, which operates a mess of turboprop and jet plane, is 100% Ladies owned and operated. The UAS vertical is increasing and makes a speciality of drone sanitizing, disinfecting of each indoor and out of doors arenas, stadiums, faculties and different giant areas.
- Pharns Genece, CEO of USOG – Recipient of the FoxFury Workforce Highlight Award – Unmanned Methods Operations Goup (USOG) is a modern supplier of medical logistics options using UAS. The various and inclusive crew of workers is led by Genece, who has 18 years of expertise as a extremely educated flight nurse with US Air Drive Medevac.
- Michael Healander, CEO Airspace Hyperlink, Inc – Recipient of the Ladies and Drones Range Exemplar Award – Airspace Hyperlink, Inc. builds the digital infrastructure required to help drone use of every kind, making certain they’re protected, authorized and totally benefitting the group. 60% of the corporate’s management crew is feminine.
“Yearly at CES, tech leaders and promising entrepreneurs convene to share concepts, launch merchandise and forge relationships – all paving the best way for our future,” stated Karen Chupka, EVP, CES, CTA. “We’re excited to host the Ladies to Watch awards at CES 2022 and acknowledge the trailblazers, innovators, mentors and enterprise leaders making vital contributions to the business.”
Learn extra about Ladies and Drones and the Ladies to Watch awards.
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, knowledgeable drone providers market, and a fascinated observer of the rising drone business and the regulatory atmosphere for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles centered on the industrial drone area and is a world speaker and acknowledged determine within the business. Miriam has a level from the College of Chicago and over 20 years of expertise in excessive tech gross sales and advertising for brand spanking new applied sciences.
For drone business consulting or writing, E-mail Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife right here.