The distinction of inexperienced, verdant colours and sunny, golden shades—in addition to vibrant flavors and textures—of this straightforward plant-based salad actually shine. Primarily based on cooked brown rice, and the Mediterranean substances chickpeas, yellow bell pepper, leeks, artichokes, basil, and pistachios, this filling salad has intriguing tastes and well being advantages. A contact of wholesome fat, lemon juice and herbs gives for a scrumptious, gentle French dressing. Wealthy in fiber, plant protein, nutritional vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals, this presents a fantastic diet punch to your day. Finest but, you can also make this recipe out of many shelf-stable, economical substances you’ll be able to retailer in your pantry, and it may be created in minutes as soon as your rice is completed. Have leftover cooked rice? That is the place to showcase it! Serve it for a potluck or a straightforward meal in a single. This recipe lasts nicely within the fridge, and is a superb dish for packing up for work throughout the week.
Comply with together with me as I present you learn how to make this recipe for Inexperienced and Gold Brown Rice Salad right here.
The distinction of inexperienced colours and sunny, golden shades—in addition to vibrant flavors and textures—of this straightforward Inexperienced and Gold Brown Rice Salad actually shine.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks, inexperienced and white part (might use inexperienced onions)
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained
- ½ cup inexperienced olives, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced recent basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sprint salt (elective)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Further chopped recent basil, if desired
- In a medium bowl, toss collectively rice, chickpeas, pepper, leeks, artichokes, olives and basil.
- To make French dressing: In a small dish, whisk collectively lemon juice, oil, black pepper, salt (elective), and garlic.
- Toss dressing into salad.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and extra chopped basil, if desired.
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 196
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 446 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg
Key phrases: Mediterranean, brown rice, Mediterranean salad
For different plant-based salads, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Cool Mint Cauliflower Salad
Snow Pea Carrot Salad with Mint Inexperienced Tea French dressing
Pomegranate Avocado Quinoa Salad
This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.