Ham Bone Soup is the proper approach to make use of up your leftover Christmas ham. This straightforward recipe takes just some minutes to place into the gradual cooker and the outcomes are wonderful!
The gradual cooker makes for an easy meal! A flavorful ham infused broth stuffed with beans and greens is sort of a hug in a bowl.
Serve it with some straightforward dinner rolls or home made bread for the proper anytime meal!
An Straightforward Soup for Leftovers
We love soups across the holidays. They don’t seem to be solely straightforward, however so comforting, heat, and comfortable.
- This ham bone vegetable soup recipes is so straightforward to make.
- You most likely have all the substances available, which suggests no particular journey to the shop!
- Add the substances to your CrockPot and set it and overlook. Let it work its magic.
- This recipe can be cooked in a dutch oven on the stovetop or in an Immediate Pot/stress cooker in case you’d choose.
- May be frozen for straightforward meals.
Substances in Ham Bone Soup
Begin with a ham bone after all! Save the bone out of your leftover vacation ham or spiral ham (simply toss it within the freezer till you’re prepared). In case you don’t have a ham bone, use a smoked ham hock in place.
Broth or some broth and a few water will work on this recipe. If you wish to enhance the flavour much more add in any type of leftover gravy), and/or home made turkey inventory or hen inventory. Consider ham already has fairly a little bit of salt so in case you’re including broth, I’d counsel a low sodium or no sodium model.
Canned beans make this straightforward however you may actually rehydrate and cook dinner dried beans in case you’d like. Use contemporary or frozen veggies, I add any veggies I’ve leftover from my turkey dinner! Candy potatoes, inexperienced beans, navy beans, peas, corn, carrots, squash…. nearly something goes!
What To Do With Ham Bone
As a result of a leftover ham bone has already been cooked, it should have a ton of taste.
- Take away many of the meat from the bone to make use of in leftover ham recipes. I go away a little bit on the bone to taste soups and likewise so I can decide it off and add it to the soup.
- Maintain the bone within the freezer till you’re able to make soup. I place it within the gradual cooker proper from frozen because it’s already cooked.
- Cook dinner it proper within the soup beneath after which earlier than serving, take away it from the soup and decide off any meat. Add the meat again to the soup and discard the bone.
- Don’t use the bone for a couple of soup, I discover it doesn’t have sufficient taste left to make use of it once more.
If in case you have a ham bone to make use of, making a ham and bean soup or cut up pea soup are the perfect methods to place it to good use! With a ham bone, you may simply put it within the freezer after your vacation meal after which simply put it instantly within the Crock Pot from frozen to make this ham bone soup.
How To Make Ham Bone Soup
That is the perfect ham bone soup and since it’s made in a gradual cooker, all you actually need to do is a tiny little bit of prep.
- Cube, chop, and slice your veggies.
- Add all substances to the gradual cooker and cook dinner till tender.
- Take away meat from the bone and add again into the soup.
It actually is without doubt one of the easiest soups you’ll ever make. Take pleasure in!
Extra Recipes You’ll Love
Ham Bone Soup (Gradual Cooker)
A ham bone is gradual cooked with veggies like potatoes, carrots, corn, and beans. Serve it with some straightforward dinner rolls for the proper meal!
Comply with Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Mix all substances within the gradual cooker.
Cowl soup and cook dinner on excessive 6 hours or low 9-10 hours.
Take away ham bone, bay leaves and thyme stems (if utilizing contemporary thyme).
Chop meat from the bone and add again into the soup. Stir and serve.
The scale of your ham bone or the quantity of meat on the bone can add roughly taste.
Energy: 189, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 13g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 574mg, Potassium: 512mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 4070IU, Vitamin C: 13.3mg, Calcium: 75mg, Iron: 3.6mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)
Course Foremost Course, Soup